Thursday, October 26, 2006

Second blogspot attempt

This is the second attempt at a blogspot, no one else could access the first one i set up so it lies abandoned in the ethers of tinternet.

it had various flashy boxes for headings and items of interest that are not available here, so i have gathered it all together and transferred it to here.

This is what i had written on the first one:-

Entry for 16 October 2006 Day 1

I HAVE TAKEN THE NEXT FEW MONTHS OFF TO HAVE AN ADVENTURE AND TO REDISCOVER WHAT LIFE IS ALL ABOUT.

PLEASE VISIT THESE PAGES FROM TIME TO TIME TO SEE WHAT I GET UP TO AND WHERE MY TRAVELS TAKE ME.

i have left my home and business in dartmouth in the capable hands of Chris and Philly, to whom i am very grateful for agreeing to let me have this time off to travel and rediscover the meaning of life.

(for those that do not know me, we share a house in the countryside with a large garden with chickens and pigs and a veggie plot, and probably a dog by the time i return. And a garden centre business next door that we run with a wonderful team. i will miss you all.)

Now i am staying with a wonderful friend, Joy, who i have know for years, in her house in gravesend, and plan to be here for a couple of months. I shall go out and get myself a well paid temp job, if there is such a thing, to help fund my travels and will meet up with old friends that i have know in london and drink red wine and smoke a bit too much, because that is what Joy and i like to do when we spend time together.

And when the time is right, and i know where i am going, i shall head off in search of the kiwi.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good to hear from you, Sam - I like the photo, you've not changed a bit in 20 years !

I see you're not going for a couple of weeks yet. Have a good time - I'm sure you will. If you're heading to Canberra and looking for a contact, I've got a good friend there (Jane) who'd be pleased to see you.

Keep in touch !